NEW YORK (AP) — The Chicago White Sox will host the New York Yankees in the rescheduled Field of Dreams game at Dyersville, Iowa, on Aug. 12.
MLB says the plan is tentative, contingent on the status of public health next summer. The teams had been scheduled to play at the ballpark next to the “Field of Dreams” movie site last Aug. 13.
When the schedule was revamped because of the coronavirus pandemic, the Yankees were replaced as the opponent by the St. Louis Cardinals, but the game was called off on Aug. 4.
The rescheduled game will be MLB’s first in Iowa.
- Nebraska police seize 27 pounds of marijuana in arrest
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina statehouses
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- Hoping for civil protests, Department of Public Safety Commissioner says Iowa is prepared for the worst
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday