WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Police in Waterloo are investigating after dozens of gravestones were damaged in a late-night vandalism spree.
Up to 50 gravestones were toppled or moved at Elmwood Cemetery sometime between Monday night and Tuesday morning.
Cemetery manager Joe Fox told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier that damage ranged from huge markers to a small headstone for a 2-month-old baby named Allen dating from the 1800s.
Waterloo police photographed the damage and collected evidence but had made no arrests as of Tuesday night.
- Trump admits he’s blocking postal cash to stop mail-in votes
- Nebraska traffic back to level seen before virus outbreak
- One person sent to hospital after two-vehicle crash near Norfolk
- Siouxland Forecast: August 13, 2020
- Biden calls for nationwide mask mandate