WEST BRANCH, Iowa (AP) — An investigation continues into a wrong-way wreck that killed three people on an Iowa interstate highway.
The Des Moines Register reports that the incident happened about 4:30 a.m. Monday on Interstate 80 near the town of West Branch in Cedar County.
The Iowa State Patrol says 20-year-old Eric Nunez of Plano, Illinois, was driving a 2015 Nissan Altima eastbound in the westbound lanes when the car struck a Dodge Grand Caravan driven by 70-year-old Robert Larson of West Liberty.
Nunez, Robert Larson and Teresa Larson, 68, also of West Liberty, all died in the crash.
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Ricketts holds press conference
- 1 in 3 nonprofits in danger of closing due to pandemic
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill
- March 3: More than 700 new COVID-19 positive tests in Iowa, 26 more deaths
- ‘Space hurricane’ spotted above Earth for first time ever