DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Des Moines police say a suspect in the January shooting deaths of three teens has been arrested in Illinois.
Police say 17-year-old Leontreal Jones was arrested Tuesday in Peoria, Illinois, on robbery warrants out of Iowa.
Police say Des Moines detectives have traveled to Peoria and expect Jones to be extradited to Iowa soon.
Police say once Jones’ is returned to Iowa, he’ll be charged with first-degree murder in the January 30 deaths of brothers 19-year-old Devonte Swanks and 16-year-old Malachi Swanks and a friend, 15-year-old Thayne Wright.
Officers found their bodies in a southeast Des Moines duplex after responding to reports of shots fired.
- Nebraska DOT receives $5 million Emergency Relief Grant from Federal Transit Administration
- President Trump says UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel
- August 13: South Dakota reports one new COVID-19 related death, over 80 new cases
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Josephine forms, earliest ‘J’ storm on record in Atlantic