WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — An Iowa woman has been arrested for her alleged role in the robbery of a Waterloo man who was fatally shot in August.
The Waterloo News-Leader reports 40-year-old Tonkeya Vaniece Jackson of Waterloo was arrested for one count of second-degree robbery.
She is accused of helping plan an armed robbery that ended in the shooting death of 49-year-old Vincent Hemenway.
She is the third suspect arrested in the case.
Court records say police found evidence that Jackson’s cell phone had been used to plan the robbery, sending a map of the target area and a message to bring guns.
- UPDATE: Estherville Police Department said juvenile found safely
- 2 arrested in Cedar Rapids man’s death staged as suicide
- South Dakota 2020 tourism declined, but industry optimistic
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- Omaha police identify man whose body was found in apartment