DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Authorities are looking for the vehicle that hit a man and fled the scene in Des Moines.
Emergency responders found the pedestrian with critical injuries when they arrived at the scene at about 9:12 p.m. Thursday.
The Des Moines Police Department said in a news release that he was transported to a local hospital where he later died of those injuries.
Witnesses described the vehicle as a dark- colored, SUV-style vehicle. Evidence indicates it will have front-end damage, including a broken headlamp.
- South Dakota hits halfway mark for vaccine-eligible people
- April 11: Tri-state vaccine distribution
- Florida woman electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- 3 burgers go head to head in 2021 Burger Royale fundraiser event
- Louisiana woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account