MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (AP) — A man charged with a fatal shooting in Marshalltown is being held on $1 million bail.
Marshall County court records say Mustafa Muhammad, 30 is charged with first-degree murder and other crimes. The records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
The shooting was reported around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
Officers responding to the report found a critically injured 27-year-old man. Police say he died later at a Marshalltown hospital. He’s been identified as Blake Thomas, who lived in Marshalltown.
A 37-year-old woman also suffered a minor wound. She’s been identified as a Marshalltown resident, Sarah DeSautels.
- Iowa DNR minimize services in state parks in response to COVID-19
- Amazon suspends nearly 4,000 sellers over coronavirus price gouging
- Crest Road crossing Gavins Point Dam to temporarily close beginning March 31
- Douglas County health officials announce six more cases of COVID-19, brings Nebraska’s total to 102
- Morningside College’s online graduate education program ranked among the best in the U.S. on two lists