WEBSTER CITY, Iowa (AP) – Authorities say a man who’d taken a woman hostage was shot and killed after an Iowa State Patrol team entered a residence in Webster City.
The Iowa Public Safety Department says officers responded around 3:30 p.m. Monday after the woman called 911 to report that the man had fired shots at her.
Police negotiators talked to the man for hours, but he threatened to shoot the woman within a specified time period, the department says that’s when the patrol team went into the home and shot the man.
The names of the man and woman haven’t been released.
- MercyOne Care Management Team makes personalized calls to at-risk COVID-19 patients
- Worldwide deaths from the coronavirus hit 100,000
- WATCH LIVE: Trump, White House coronavirus task force hold Friday briefing
- 58 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Nebraska, total rises to 635
- 89 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in South Dakota, 16 recoveries reported