DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A Des Moines man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison in connection with a shooting last April.
Littleton Clark, 41, was sentenced Friday in the April 12 shooting that took place outside a Des Moines apartment complex.
Police said Clark fired into a group of people and wounded another man twice in the torso. The victim survived but needed surgery after the shooting.
Court records show that 41-year-old Littleton Clark pleaded guilty last month to assault and two weapons charges as part of a deal with prosecutors. In return, an attempted murder charge and two other charges were dropped.
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s who would get $1,400 under the House relief plan
- US implicates Saudi crown prince in journalist’s killing
- ‘I cried in my car for an hour’: Texas first responders share winter storm experiences
- Bats, birds found dead in wake of deep Southern freeze
- February 26: 143 new COVID-19 cases in South Dakota, 140 new recoveries