COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — A Council Bluffs man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for two sexual assaults.
Forty-year-old Richard Siemer Jr. was sentenced after he pled guilty to second-degree sexual abuse and third-degree sexual abuse as part of a deal with prosecutors.
Assistant Pottawattamie County Attorney Malina Dobson said these latest crimes are the fourth and fifth sexual assault convictions on Siemer’s record.
Dobson said the most recent offenses occurred in July and August 2019 after Siemer befriended women whom he worked with and invited them to his apartment and attacked them.
Siemer will have to register as a sex offender after he is released from prison.
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Is there life after death? Businessman offers nearly $1 million to find out
- In first days, Biden flashes action as deep problems loom
- Kingsley grocery store to be purchased by Plendl Feed Service
- Iowa State students react to death of 21-year-old student found outside sorority house