MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) — A man has been charged in Iowa with felony extortion and domestic assault counts after police say he threatened to shoot a woman if she didn’t give him thousands of dollars.
The Globe Gazette reports that 27-year-old Anthony Scott Moore was arrested Tuesday, and charges were filed Wednesday in Cerro Gordo County.
Police say Moore admitted to investigators that he held a gun to a woman’s head in a Mason City home and threatened to kill her if she didn’t write him a $50,000 check.
Police say he also took a cellphone from the woman and disconnected the 911 call she was trying to make.
Moore is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail without bond.
- Digital Exclusive: Morningside College helps students find easier access to business clothes
- ‘Huge’ explosion rocks St. Vincent as volcano keeps erupting
- April 12: Dakota County reports 33 new COVID-19 cases
- Siouxland Forecast: April 12, 2021
- 1 dead, officer injured in shooting at Knoxville, TN high school