DES MOINES, Iowa (KCAU) – Health officials confirmed 21 new deaths and 282 new cases of COVID-19 in Iowa, Tuesday.
The state tallies a total of 19,951 positive cases of COVID-19 including 11,541 recoveries.
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) tallied 404 additional recoveries in the last 24 hours.
IDPH reports 558 Iowans have died from COVID-19.
Deaths and recoveries are included in the total number of cases.
According to the IDPH, one in 19 Iowans have been tested for COVID-19 with 163,966 tests completed.
Below is a table sourced from The Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University with COVID-19 numbers by county.
The IDPH COVID-19 dashboard is updated in real-time. This update is as of 9 a.m. June 2.
For the latest COVID-19 numbers for Iowa, visit the state’s coronavirus dashboard.
Latest Coronavirus Stories
- One new COVID-19 case reported at Sioux City schools
- April 16: Tri-state vaccine distribution
- South African coronavirus variant found in Nebraska
- April 16: More than 200 new COVID-19 recoveries reported in South Dakota, 367 new recoveries
- April 16: Woodbury County reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, another virus-related death