DES MOINES, Iowa (KCAU) – The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) has reported 408 additional cases of COVID-19.
The state’s total number of cases is 10,111.
Governor Reynolds said in a news conference on Tuesday that 80% of the new cases are from the 22 counties where the restrictions remain in place.
She mentioned that 261 of the 408 new cases are from Polk and Woodbury counties.
Health officials confirmed 19 more virus-related deaths, raising the death toll to 207.
According to the IDPH, the additional 19 deaths are:
- Allamakee County: one older adult (61-80 years)
- Black Hawk County: one middle-aged adult (41-60 years), one older adult (61-80 years), one elderly adult (81+)
- Dallas County: one older adult (61-80 years), one elderly adult (81+)
- Jasper County: one elderly adult (81+)
- Linn County: one middle-aged adult (41-60 years), five older adults (61-80 years),
- Polk County: one adult (18-40 years), one elderly adult (81+)
- Tama County: three elderly adults (81+)
- Woodbury County: one elderly adult (81+)
The governor said in the news conference that 56% of the deaths are in the long-term care facilities.
Health officials said that 3,572 cases have recovered from the coronavirus and 407 people are currently hospitalized.
Gov. Reynolds said the state’s recovery rate is 35%.
IDPH reported an additional 3,000 negative tests for a total of 50,458 negative tests as of May 5 that includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs.
The state’s health department mentions that 60,569 people have been tested for COVID-19, which means 1 in 52 Iowans have already been tested.
Below is the list of counties in Iowa that are in Siouxland with confirmed and recovered cases, along with how many have died from the virus.
- Woodbury: 1,315 confirmed, 313 recovered, three deaths
- Crawford: 96 confirmed, 22 recovered, one death
- Plymouth: 33 confirmed, seven recovered
- Sioux: 24 confirmed, eight recovered
- Harrison: 17 confirmed, 15 recovered
- Lyon: 15 confirmed, seven recovered
- Buena Vista: 15 confirmed, three recovered
- Osceola: 13 confirmed, 10 recovered
- O’Brien: 11 confirmed, four recovered
- Monona: 10 confirmed, seven recovered
- Clay: seven confirmed, three recovered
- Dickinson: six confirmed, four recovered
- Carroll: five confirmed, two recovered
- Cherokee: four confirmed, three recovered
- Pocahontas: three confirmed, two recovered
- Calhoun: one confirmed, zero recovered
- Sac: one confirmed, zero recovered
Emmet County doesn’t have a confirmed case of the virus. The county’s public health said in a Facebook post on April 26 that the State made a reporting error and it has been fixed.
For more information on Iowa’s COVID-19 numbers, visit the state’s coronavirus dashboard.