OCHEYEDAN, Iowa (KCAU) – A vehicle crash caused a city-wide power outage in Ocheyedan that lasted up to three and a half hours.
According to the Osceola County Sheriff’s website, Bradley Johnson, 33, of Spirit Lake, Iowa, hit an electricity transformer box near a feed mill in Ocheyedan on August 11, resulting in the whole town losing power.
Johnson received minor injuries, but faces charges of a first OWI offense, driving while invoked, possessing an open container, and failure to maintain control.
The cost of damages the transformer box sustained was around $5,000.
The Sheriff’s office was assisted by the Ocheyedan Ambulance, Sibley Ambulance, Jeddeloh Towing, and Alliant Energy.
- Player of the Week: CL-GLR’s Zach Lutmer
- As campaign heats up, President Trump woos Latino, Black voters
- SportsZone Part 1: (9-25-20)
- SportsZone Part 2: (9-25-20)
- Probe into ‘discarded’ ballots becomes campaign outrage fuel