DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Drake University has removed more than a dozen students from its Des Moines campus, saying they violated coronavirus safety and prevention guidelines at gatherings both on and off-campus.
Television station KCCI reports that 14 Drake students were asked to leave campus for two weeks.
Drake University asks undergraduate students to sign a compact in which they agree to social distance, self-monitor for symptoms, and wear face coverings in campus buildings.
The compact states that students will be disciplined if they host or attend parties on or off-campus.
Students who repeatedly violate the compact could be suspended or expelled.
- Player of the Week: CL-GLR’s Zach Lutmer
- As campaign heats up, President Trump woos Latino, Black voters
- SportsZone Part 1: (9-25-20)
- SportsZone Part 2: (9-25-20)
- Probe into ‘discarded’ ballots becomes campaign outrage fuel