DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — Davenport police arrested a man Thursday in the death of his mother after officers were called to a home and found her body.
Police charged 36-year-old McKinsley Steven Watson, of Davenport with first-degree murder in the killing of 59-year-old Victoria Watson.
The Quad-City Times reports officers were called to an apartment complex a little before 5 a.m. Thursday to investigate a report of an unresponsive woman.
They found Victoria Watson, and medics pronounced her dead. Police didn’t say how she died. An autopsy is planned.
McKinsley Watson was held in the Scott County Jail without bond.
- Rapid City Police Chief to leave job by end of the month
- Nebraska confirms 255 more cases of COVID-19, eight additional deaths
- Lawmaker on George Floyd’s death: ‘We still live in a racist country’
- Arrest made in Des Moines homicide that was first reported as a suicide
- NNPHD reports six more cases of COVID-19