DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) – Authorities in Iowa had to round up more than 1,700 piglets after a semi-trailer overturned on a freeway just north of Des Moines.
The crash happened Thursday afternoon when the truck and trailer overturned on a ramp to Interstate 35.
Iowa State Patrol troopers had to close the ramp at times as crews worked to capture and unload hundreds of pigs.
The Iowa Department of Public Safety said in a tweet, “authorities working to corral and transport 1,738 piglets!”
It was unclear how long the delays would last.
- Iowa officials accuse couple of running business scams from telemarketing company
- Watch Live: Celebration of life ceremony for Kobe, Gianna Bryant
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty in landmark #MeToo moment
- Sioux City crews battle house fire
- Injured hiker in Oregon crawls for 8 hours before rescue