IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) – At least one death in eastern Iowa is being blamed on a winter storm that slicked Interstate 80.
Television station KCCI reports that a westbound semitrailer on I-80 crashed early Saturday morning in Cedar County east of Iowa City.
The Iowa State Patrol says roads were completely covered in ice when the semitrailer left the road and overturned, killing a passenger in the truck.
The victim’s name had not been released by late Saturday afternoon.
The storm system brought high winds and snow to much of Iowa Friday overnight into Saturday. Around 2 inches fell in areas of eastern Iowa, including Davenport.
- Coronavirus recovery: Lawmakers on both sides of aisle pushing help for small businesses
- Digital Exclusive: Siouxland Expo Center puts up new scoring displays
- August 11: Total COVID-19 deaths in Nebraska up to 351
- House passes bill to establish Latino museum on the National Mall
- Digital Exclusive: Y Academy to start this fall