IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Church officials say a Roman Catholic professor will return to teaching and the ministry, with restrictions, after an inquiry found he misbehaved sexually in the 1990s but not against minors.
A Diocese of Des Moines investigation found that the allegations against the Rev. Robert “Bud” Grant did not involve a minor because the complainant was “above majority age” at the time.
The diocese says Grant engaged in behavior in the early 1990s that violated the 6th Commandment ban on adultery and his priestly promises.
Grant is expected to return to teaching at St. Ambrose University in Davenport in the spring.
- Officials: Victim taken to hospital following Omaha shooting
- After child death, US says to stop using Peloton treadmill
- Worldwide COVID-19 death toll tops a staggering 3 million
- Activate this ‘hidden’ Facebook feature to protect your account from hackers
- April 17: 200 new COVID-19 cases reported in South Dakota