CHICAGO (AP) — A Chicago man is being held without bond after being accused of fatally shooting his girlfriend, her mother, and her sister after the girlfriend refused to cook him breakfast and braid his hair.
Authorities say John Matthews fled to Iowa after the June 22 fatal shooting of 24-year-old Shonta Harris, her mother, 56-year-old Frances Neal, and her sister, 27-year-old Jasmine Neal.
Matthews was arrested Thursday in Burlington, Iowa, after being identified as a murder suspect.
Cook County prosecutors say they have a videotaped statement from the girlfriend that points to the 25-year-old Matthews as the shooter.
They also say Matthews’ own grandmother identified him as the shooter.
- Iowa Auditor’s Office looking into COVD-19 ‘Strike Team’ testing after e-mails reveal link between political donors and Gov. Reynolds
- Two Storm Lake women arrested for cashing nearly $20k in forged checks
- UPDATE: Lane of I-29 reopens south of Sloan after to semi fire
- Criminal rings steal billions in jobless funds in California
- January 27: More than 350 new COVID-19 recoveries in South Dakota