WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — A man has been arrested in connection with the September shooting at a private club in Iowa that left two people dead and several others injured.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that 21-year-old Willie Edward Saffold Jr. was booked Monday on a charge of intimidation with a weapon and felon in possession of a firearm., the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reported.
Police say in an affidavit he was observed shooting multiple times into a crowd of people.
Deputies with the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office picked Saffold up Monday at the Cook County Jail in Chicago.
He is the first person charged in connection with the Sept. 26 shooting.
- Iowa man arrested after police say he beat his roommate
- President Biden says 100-day goal on vaccinations may rise to 150 million instead of 100 million
- Digital Exclusive: Volunteers faced challenges during O’Brien County dog search
- First US case of Brazilian COVID-19 variant found in Minnesota
- Nebraska deputy hurt while working traffic accident