DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The board chairman of Make-A-Wish Iowa says the charity’s CEO and president has been fired after the organization discovered financial irregularities during an internal audit.
Board chairman Joshua Norton said a statement late last week that Jennifer Woodley had been dismissed.
Norton says Rachel Reams, a vice president with the organization, will serve as the interim CEO while the board conducts a search for a new leader. Norton declined to give details on the nature of the financial irregularities.
Woodley was named CEO of the group less than a year ago, in August 2019. A publicly listed telephone number for Woodley could not be found Monday.
- 2 men arrested after dolphin calf, fish found dead
- Homer Community School delays school start
- Siouxland Forecast: August 5, 2020
- Amazon is planning on coming to South Dakota
- Nebraska advances new 2nd-trimester abortion restrictions