CHARITON, Iowa (AP) — Two teenagers have died after a car crash near Chariton.
The Iowa State Patrol said the crash happened just after 5 p.m. Sunday when a Jeep turning from Highway 34 onto a street struck a pickup truck, ejecting everyone in the Jeep.
Two Jeep passengers died. They were identified as Katilynn Spicer, 15, of Des Moines and Chase Lavely, 16, of Chariton.
The 18-year-old driver is hospitalized with life-threatening injuries.
Both occupants of the pickup, both age 55, are hospitalized. Their conditions were not immediately released.
The patrol’s investigation is ongoing.
- Iowa man arrested after police say he beat his roommate
- President Biden says 100-day goal on vaccinations may rise to 150 million instead of 100 million
- Digital Exclusive: Volunteers faced challenges during O’Brien County dog search
- First US case of Brazilian COVID-19 variant found in Minnesota
- Nebraska deputy hurt while working traffic accident