BURLINGTON, Iowa (AP) — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 28-year-old man in Burlington, Iowa.
Burlington Police Lt. Adam Schaefer says officers were called shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday after multiple gunshots were reported. They found a 28-year-old man with a gunshot wound when they arrived.
The victim was taken to a hospital where he later died.
Police are interviewing several witnesses to the shooting to learn more about the suspect. Police did not immediately release the identities of the victim or suspect.
- Deputy mayor in Maine charged in case of racist Floyd post
- Missing World War II-era flag recovered after protests turn violent in Nevada
- Northwest Iowa Community College named best in nation for middle-class mobility in higher education
- Cinema chain AMC warns it may not survive the pandemic
- 3 men tied to right-wing extremists plotted to terrorize Vegas protests, prosecutors say