DES MOINES, Iowa (KCAU) – When voting for a U.S. Senate candidate, Iowa voters age 50 and older say jobs and the economy are the most important issue, according to a new AARP poll.
84% of those contacted list those top issues, followed by 81% who cited social security as a top concern.
55% say they or someone in their household know someone who as contracted the coronavirus.
Additionally, the polling shows incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. Joni Ernst leading Theresa Greenfield 50% to 46% among 50-plus voter.
In the Presidential race, the poll shows Pres. Donald Trump up by two points over former Vice Pres. Joe Biden 48% to 46%.
- Tulip Festival 2021 preparations are already underway
- Digital Exclusive: Sioux City Fire Rescue receives Mission: Lifeline® EMS Gold Plus Award
- Sioux City census councilman urges people to fill out 2020 Census
- High demand for contact tracing in Woodbury County due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Sioux City authorities: Woman made false claim about being stabbed by intruder