MUSCATINE, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say two police officers have rescued a woman from a burning Iowa home.
The Muscatine Fire Department said in a news release that Police Cpl. Matt Fowler and Officer Mark Schollmeyer were on patrol Tuesday morning when they noticed heavy smoke and found a home engulfed in flames.
The two officers tried to enter the home through the front door but were turned back by the heat and flames. They then went to the back of the home and saw an 80-year-old woman lying on the floor.
The release said they then broke open the back door, pulled the woman to safety.
- Sioux Falls driver, passenger arrested following fight that rolled SUV
- 2 men arrested after dolphin calf, fish found dead
- Homer Community School delays school start
- Siouxland Forecast: August 5, 2020
- Amazon is planning on coming to South Dakota