DES MOINES, Iowa (WHO) – Police in Des Moines are investigating a series of fires they say were intentionally set late Sunday night into Monday morning on the east side of the city.
One person is now in custody and charged in connection to those fires.
Andrew Anthony, 32, is charged with one count of second-degree arson and possession of methamphetamine. Police say he intentionally set fires at eight addresses:
- 1500 block of Tiffin Ave. – 11:30 p.m., 05 Dec., Vehicle fire
- 3200 block of Wright St. – 11:42pm, 05 Dec, Trash fire
- 3000 block of E. 13th St – 11:50 p.m., 05 Dec., Vehicle fire that also damaged residence
- 3100 block of Wright St. – 11:59 p.m., 05 Dec., Vehicle fire
- 3300 block of E. 9th St. – 12:05 a.m., 06 Dec., Vehicle fire
- 3000 block of E. 8th St. – 12:50 a.m., 06 Dec., Vehicle fire
- 1300 block of Boyd St. – 2:02 a.m., 06 Dec., Vehicle fire that also damaged residence
- 700 block of Hull Ave. – 2:18 a.m., 06 Dec., Electrical box fire
After someone was spotted leaving the scene of the fire in the 700 block of Hull Avenue, police gave chase and caught up to Anthony.