DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — Two students have been taken to a hospital for treatment after a welding accident at a community college facility in Davenport.
An Eastern Iowa Community Colleges spokesman says one student was injured Tuesday at the Blong Technology Center when a spark flew into her clothing and burned her.
The second student was burned when he tried to help her. Their names and the extent of their injuries have not been released.
- Restaurants implement additional guidelines to keep customers safe
- President Trump fires watchdog who handled Ukraine complaint
- COVID-19 pandemic may add extra stress for people with PTSD
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday
- Deadline for Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program in Iowa extended through May