LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The Clark County Coroner’s Office has identified the 1-month and 29-day old baby that was allegedly thrown off a balcony by her father in the southeast valley as London Martin.
The baby died from blunt force head trauma, according to the Coroner’s Office. Her death is being ruled a homicide.
London’s father, 32-year-old Clarence Martin Jr., and the child’s mother had been arguing before Martin threw the child off the balcony, according to LVMPD. Martin then set the apartment on fire, killing the family dog.
It happened just before 4 a.m. Saturday at an apartment near Eastern Avenue and St. Rose Parkway.
LVMPD Lt. Ray Spencer said Martin was taken to a hospital for treatment of injuries from the crashes and evaluation for drug use.
He was booked in absentia for Open Murder, Animal Cruelty and Arson.
- December 4: Dakota County reports 28 new COVID-19 cases
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Cheers! Or not: ‘Scandalous’ 1st Christmas card up for sale