HINTON, Iowa (KCAU) — A group in Hinton, Iowa was getting a head start on collecting candy on Sunday.
The Hinton United Methodist Church had a “trunk-or-treat” event outside the church on Sunday afternoon. Kids dressed up traveling trunk to trunk gathering sweet treats as opposed to going door-to-door. The pastor says it’s a great way to offer a safer alternative to traditional trick-or-treating.
“It keeps everybody in one place, and it keeps them safe and under supervision so it’s a good way for us to have fun,” said Hinton United Methodist Pastor Kolleen Queener.
- Legal team continues defending Trump in trial while new allegations surface
- Web Exclusive: Comfort dogs stepping into Tennessee funeral homes
- Try out this viral spinach salsa queso dip for Super Bowl Sunday
- Big Game Bound: With Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders
- Mahomes Mania in Miami: Love for the Chiefs QB extends well beyond Kansas City