HINTON, Iowa (KCAU) — A group in Hinton, Iowa was getting a head start on collecting candy on Sunday.
The Hinton United Methodist Church had a “trunk-or-treat” event outside the church on Sunday afternoon. Kids dressed up traveling trunk to trunk gathering sweet treats as opposed to going door-to-door. The pastor says it’s a great way to offer a safer alternative to traditional trick-or-treating.
“It keeps everybody in one place, and it keeps them safe and under supervision so it’s a good way for us to have fun,” said Hinton United Methodist Pastor Kolleen Queener.
- Digital KCAU 9 Newscast: September 19
- Siouxland Forecast: Sep. 19, 2020
- Tropical Storm Beta spurs hurricane worries for Texas
- Package containing ricin and addressed to President Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma