MONDAMIN, Iowa (AP) — Iowa officials say a highway construction worker has been killed by a speeding tire that came loose from a pickup truck.
The Des Moines Register reports that the incident happened Wednesday afternoon, while 51-year-old Homero Carrillo was with a crew working on a bridge on Interstate 29 in Harrison County near Mondamin.
The Iowa State Patrol said Carrillo was working in a closed lane when a northbound pickup on I-29 lost a tire. The speeding tire bounded north through a median and hit Carrillo. Investigators say he died at the scene.
Officials did not report any injury to the 56-year-old pickup driver from Edwardsville, Kansas.
- Cash app con could wipe out your bank account
- Siouxland Forecast: September 18th, 2020
- U.S. Marshals arrest 262 suspects, find 5 missing children in Oklahoma operation
- Sergeant Bluff-Luton School keep homecoming spirit alive despite COVID-19 concerns
- Bones to pick, for $8M: Stan the T rex goes up for auction