SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – Monday at the Sioux City Rotary Club meeting, Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC) Commissioner Corey Westra spoke about how COVID-19 could affect the upcoming seasons for the GPAC.
It’s still too early to say specifically what measures will be taken, but the conference is looking to tailor their response to the evolving recommendations.
“Something that people want to get back, I think will be an indicator to people that we’re moving in that direction, but we have to do it safely. We have to do it in a way that makes sense, that the student-athletes are in an environment where we’re not in harm’s way,” said Westra.
- Cow chase leads to helicopter rescue of California couple
- Friends and strangers help family bounce back after storm destroys birthday present
- August 15: Iowa Department of Public Health confirms more than 51,000 total COVID-19 cases
- Mother of special needs child recreates special ed classroom at home
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach