NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KCAU) – Nebraska State Patrol (NSP) troopers arrested two people after finding controlled substances and a firearm during a traffic stop on I-80 near Sutherland.
According to a release, troopers saw a Kia Optima going east, traveling at 101 miles per hour on I-80 near mile marker 152. During the traffic stop, a trooper smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle. A search of the vehicle revealed 970 pills of ecstasy, four pounds of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and a loaded handgun.
The driver, Jabreel Castleberry, 22, of Kentwood, Michigan, and passenger Nyesha Gill Johnson, 19, of Wyoming, Michigan, were both arrested and charged with the following:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Possession of more than one pound of marijuana
- Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony
Both were lodged in Keith County Jail.
- President Trump to hold White House news briefing Wednesday
- Sioux County issues burn ban until further notice
- Siouxland Forecast: September 23, 2020
- Democrats promise showdown over Supreme Court seat
- Will SCOTUS dispute affect COVID-19 relief negotiations?