CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — A 92-year-old woman’s piano performance of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata is spreading joy on social media.
When asked to play the 3rd movement, Elaine Labar, who has dementia, hit the piano keys immediately.
Labar’s daughter captured the impromptu performance and posted it on TikTok. Elaine ended up playing the entire 3rd movement of Moonlight Sonata from memory. Her daughter hopes the video will raise awareness about Alzheimer’s disease.
- UPDATE: No one injured as crews put out Sioux City fire
- Norfolk woman faces burglary charge in investigation of theft of power tools
- Iowa company leading project on North Dakota carbon dioxide placement
- More young people fall for online scams amid pandemic, BBB says
- Rooster with knife kills owner during banned cockfight