KCAU 9 Idol
1. Sponsors. This Contest (“KCAU 9 Idol”) is sponsored by KCAU 9. This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to legal U.S. citizens who reside within KCAU 9’s viewing area and who are at least 15 years of age at the time of entry. Current or former employees of KCAU, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in KCAU’s viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes contest materials), and the immediate family mambers or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a KCAU contest or sweepstakes only once every 60 days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry. This Contest will begin on July 29th 2017 at 12:00pm and end on August 8th at 12:00pm. To enter the Contest, entrants must visit www.siouxlandproud.com/kcau9-idol and submit their video/audio entry. Entrants must include their name, phone number, e-mail address and audio/video recording up to 1 min in length in order to enter. All audio/video must conform to the restrictions below in order to enter. Videos:
mp4, mov and avi can be uploaded.
Max size is ~90mb.
mp3, and wav can be uploaded.
Max size is ~30mb.
. Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be received by August 8th 2017 at 12:00pm 1 entry per person will be accepted.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by KCAU 9 will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by KCAU 9 in its/their sole discretion. KCAU 9 reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by KCAU 9 in its/their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the KCAU 9 determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of KCAU 9 compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, KCAU 9 reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at www.siouxlandproud.com. KCAU 9 reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Audio/Video Restrictions. Media submitted by the entrants/participants may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that:
a. is obscene, offensive, sexually explicit or suggestive; violent; derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; endorses any form of hate or hate group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b. promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
c. contains products or trademarks of any Sponsor competitor;
d. defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about any person or company;
e. contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
f. contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including, without limitation, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
g. contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
h. contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
i. communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
j. violates any law or regulation.
Photos must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the photo contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties (e.g., photograph was taken by someone other than entrant), the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor(s) in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, permission from the photographer to use the photo and name and likeness permissions from any person (or, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) who appears in or is identifiable in the entry. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor(S) from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof will render entry null and void.
6. Prize(s). There will be 9 winner(s) in this Contest. On August 12th 2017 at 12:00pm, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries and notified that they won by phone or e-mail. The winner(s) will receive invitations to record audition for KCAU 9 The approximate retail value of the prize(s) is $0. Entrants can win only once.
All results are unofficial until winner(s) is/are verified by the KCAU 9. Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the KCAU 9 is/are not responsible for defective prizes. KCAU 9 reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Other terms and conditions may apply.
7. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winner(s) must claim the prize(s) in-person at the Station during regular business hours (M-F from 8:30 AM CST – 4:30 PM CST)). Prize(s) will not be mailed under any circumstances. The prize(s) must be claimed by date at time or it/they will be forfeited. Winner(s) will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
If this contest is open to entrants under the age of 18, a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian will be required to claim the prize(s) and execute all releases on behalf of the minor. If a prize winner is a minor, that winner’s travel companion must be his/her parent or legal guardian.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the KCAU 9, KCAU 9 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by KCAU 9 in order to receive their prize(s).
Unless otherwise stated above, Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the KCAU 9 is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. KCAU 9 is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of KCAU 9 This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. KCAU 9 is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Contest winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. KCAU 9 will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of KCAU 9.
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on www.siouxlandproud.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the entrant.
8. Limitation on Liability. KCAU 9 disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the KCAU 9 and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest- or prize-related activity.
9. Reservation of Rights. KCAU 9 reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. KCAU 9 reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the KCAU 9. Any such changes or termination will be announced on www.siouxlandproud.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, KCAU 9 reserves the right to prosecute or seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Contest, please contact KCAU at 5993 Gordon Drive, Sioux City, IA 51106. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KCAU 9 within sixty (60) days of the end of this Contest.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR AMERICAN IDOL
Anyone who auditions for American Idol will need to meet the show’s eligibility requirements in order to potentially be cast for the show. Therefore, the eligibility requirements for your affiliate contest should track the eligibility requirements for the show. You can review the full eligibility requirements at www.americanidol.com, or refer to the full eligibility requirements below in drafting your station’s Official Rules:
To participate in the Program, you must be able to prove that:
1. By June 11, 2017 you must be 15 to 28 years old (which means you must be born on or between June 12, 1988 and June 11, 2002). If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to participate this season.
2. You must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities (as defined below).
3. To accept an invitation to participate in the competition portion of the Program (currently scheduled to begin in January 2018), you must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer that you do not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract (subject to paragraph 4 below).
4. In the event that you already have a management contract prior to your first audition in front of the Program judges, the requirement to enter into a management contract shall not apply to you provided that you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer and 19 Entertainment that such contract commenced prior to the date of your first audition in front of the Program judges. By accepting an invitation to be a participant, you must timely complete and return such participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and attachments thereto that will be furnished to you by Producer and/or 19 Entertainment.
5. You must not currently be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a candidate for public office until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program in which you appear (if selected to participate).
6. As of June 11, 2017 and continuing through the completion of the competition, neither you nor any of your immediate family members or members of your household (whether related or not), may be an employee, officer or director of: (a) NEG Operations Inc. and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited) (collectively, the “19 Companies”); (b) American Idol Productions, Inc. (“Producer”); (c) American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (“ABC”); (d) FremantleMedia North America, Inc. (“FremantleMedia”); (e) Telescope Inc.; (f) any of the foregoing entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies; (g) any person or entity involved in the casting, auditions, development, production, distribution, or other exploitation of the Program or any variation thereof; (h) any known, major sponsor of the Program; or (i) any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Program. The entities described in the preceding sentence shall be referred to herein, individually and collectively, as the “Program Entities.”
7. You must accurately complete all documents provided by Producer, any of the other Program Entities or any other entity providing services to the Program.
Please note that in order to enjoy the full benefit of any prize offered as part of the Program, you must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities.
Producer has the sole discretion to make determinations of contestant eligibility, which are binding and final in all respects, and Producer reserves the right to change any of the eligibility requirements at any time. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that Producer has the sole discretion at any time to render ineligible and disqualify any person who, in Producer’s sole discretion, is sufficiently acquainted with the development, production, administration, judging, exhibition or other exploitation of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.