SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – KCAU 9 hosted a live town hall Tuesday night to discuss new therapeutics in the fight against COVID-19 and the creation, approval and realistic distribution of new vaccines.
A COVID-19 vaccine is due to arrive in the coming weeks.
In the town hall, KCAU 9 Anchors Time Seaman and Sophie Erber discussed the approval and distribution of vaccines and new therapeutics in the fight against the virus. Joining in the discussion were two local health care officials who remain in the middle of the fight against the coronavirus. They were:
- Dr. Larry Volz, C.M.O. MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center
- Mari Kaptain-Dahlen, C.E.O. Siouxland Community Health
You can watch the full discussion above.
This is just one of a series of town halls on the coronavirus that KCAU 9 has held. Watch the others by clicking the links below.
- Coronavirus: Adjusting to a New Normal
- Coronavirus: Managing Your Money
- Coronavirus: Changing Times
- Coronavirus: A Mental Health Discussion
- Coronavirus: Navigating Change
- Coronavirus: Facts and fiction
- Woman becomes first female enlisted infantry soldier in the Iowa National Guard
- Child’s skeleton, 3 abandoned siblings found in Texas apartment, sheriff says
- ‘The Facebook Papers’: What to know
- Moderna says its low-dose COVID shot safe, effective for kids 6 to 11
- So-called ‘flesh-eating’ STD on the rise, UK doctor warns