SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – The Siouxland District Health Department (SDHD) has reported 17 new cases of COVID-19 in Woodbury County on Sunday.
Health officials said the additional cases are from 163 tests reported on Saturday.
The county’s health department also notes no new virus-related deaths, which maintains the death toll at 44.
According to the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), as of 11:13 a.m. on June 12, there are a total of 3,342 positive cases of COVID-19 in the county.
SDHD mentions that 3,099 individuals have recovered from the coronavirus.
Health officials reported that out of the 286 total hospitalizations in the county, 233 of them have been hospitalized and discharged.
Latest Coronavirus Stories
- TSA screens more than 2 million passengers in a single day for the first time since March 2020
- Iowa child care staffing shortages highlighted during pandemic recovery
- US vaccine surplus grows by the day as expiration dates loom
- Some J&J vaccine doses can be used, but many must be tossed
- June 11: Iowa reports 116 new COVID-19 cases