IOWA (WHO-TV) – Congresswoman-elect Ashley Hinson of Iowa announced Thursday morning that she has tested positive for the coronavirus, nine days after winning election to Congress.
Hinson announced via email that she “feels great” despite the positive test and will quarantine at home until a doctor clears her to do otherwise.
Hinson says she will take part in orientation for new members of Congress virtually.
Hinson, a Republican, flipped the district seat after defeating Democratic Rep. Abby Finkenauer
- Sioux City Fire Rescue investigating 3 fires occurring all within 1 hour
- House passes George Floyd policing bill
- Sioux Falls police solve crimes at higher-than-national rate
- House passes sweeping voting rights bill over GOP opposition
- ‘Cause once you’re dead that’s a bit too late’: Dolly Parton gets vaccine, rewrites lyrics to a popular song