LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts has ordered the closure of all salons, tattoo parlors and strip clubs and announced the cancellation of organized group sports until May 31, expanding an order that was already in place in the state’s biggest cities.
Ricketts says the executive order was intended to bring consistency to a patchwork of mandates from local public health departments.
Salons in Omaha, Lincoln and many surrounding communities have been closed since late last month, but some of those businesses had been allowed to remain open in other parts of the state.
Latest Coronavirus Stories
- Gov. Reynolds addresses how pause of J&J vaccine will affect Iowa
- April 14: More than 200 new COVID-19 recoveries reported in South Dakota
- April 14: Woodbury County reports 42 new COVID-19 cases, 38 new recoveries
- April 14: More than 700 new positive COVID-19 tests in Iowa, 218 hospitalizations
- April 13: Tri-state vaccine distribution