LINCOLN, Neb. (KCAU) – Nebraska health officials have created a COVID-19 vaccination plan.
Family members and caregivers are encouraged to assist with vaccine sign-up if needed. The department says that appointments are for Nebraska residents only. They also said that registration is not on a first-come, first-serve basis.
There is also a hotline if people need help filling out the registration. The number to the hotline is 833-998-2275 or 531-249-1873.
Current phase of rollout
Of the many phases, Nebraska is currently in Phase 1B, which works to vaccinate those 65 and older as well as those with certain high-risk medical conditions.
Below is the simplification of the vaccine rollout plan.
- Phase 1 – Potentially limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses available means that segments of the population must be prioritized to receive the vaccine. Vaccine type, dose lot size, and opportunity should influence local COVID-19 providers when phase population progression is necessary.
- Phase 1A
- Healthcare personnel (hospitals, home health care, pharmacies, EMS, outpatient, public health
- Long-term Care Facility residents and staff
- Early stages of supply should go ONLY to those staff providing direct patient care AND/OR are exposed to infectious materials. Initial supplies of vaccine should NOT go to:
- Administrative staff
- Staff working remotely
- Staff not in direct contact with COVID patients or infectious materials
- Phase 1B*
- Persons 65 years and older
- Persons 18 years and older who have certain high risk medical conditions
- First responders
- Education sector
- Critical Infrastructure
- *ACIP defines phase 1B as the subset of workers at highest risk for work-related exposure to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, because their work-related duties must be performed on-site and involve being in close proximity (<6 feet) to the public or to coworkers.
- Phase 1C
- Vulnerable populations (disabled, congregate living, etc)
- Phase 1A
- Phase 2 – Large number of vaccine doses available, sufficient to meet the demand of general population.
Reporting vaccine side effects
For those who do receive a vaccine, there are possible side effects. The CDC would like to know about them. Read more about the app below.
Nebraska’s full vaccine rollout plan
Read the full vaccination plan below.