Riverside fire started by child playing with cigarette lighter

Family dog killed in Monday morning fire

SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Emergency crews responded to a structure fire around 8:54 Monday morning.

Ten people, celebrating Father's Day, were at the house during the time of the fire

According to authorities on scene the fire was started by a child playing with a cigarette lighter.

A dog that was upstairs at the time of the fire has died and two cats inside the home are being treated for injuries. 

All ten occupants, including six children, escaped unharmed.

 

 

 

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Mr. Food
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Storm Chasers
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Hometown Heroes
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Support Siouxland Soldiers
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Cubs Baseball Schedule
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News