2 poisoned by Carbon Monoxide in Le Mars

Injured pair are being treated at hospital

LE MARS, Iowa -

Two people were overcome by gas fumes inside a mobile home in Le Mars Saturday morning and had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire officials said the incident occurred at the Armel Acres Trailer Court on Cherry Street.

Authorities initially responded to what they thought was a medical emergency with two nauseated residents, only to discover an odor coming from the mobile home that was later determined to be Carbon Monoxide.

The fire chief said the levels were high enough that the pair could've died had they been exposed much longer.

The two people were being treated at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars.

An injured pet was also taken to local veterinarian for treatment for possible poisoning too.

 

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • 27th ANNUAL DIVISION II WOMEN'S BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Get to Know the Anchors
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Mr. Food
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Siouxland Closings and Delays
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Siouxland Community Events
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center